Fears over the spread of the epidemic of COVID-19 have upended plans for numerous scientific conferences.
Scientific meetings that have announced cancellations or postponements:
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and Cold Spring Harbor Asia have canceled all meetings planned for Suzhou, China “through at least the end of June.”
- 19th International Congress on Infectious Diseases, 20–23 February, Kuala Lumpur. Postponed until 10–13 September.
- Second meeting of the open-ended working group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework, 24–29 February. Moved from Kunming, China, to Rome.
- 36th International Geological Congress, New Delhi, 2–8 March.
- Metamorphosis: Science, Information, Planet and Democracy, 12–13 March, Lisbon, Portugal. Canceled.
- Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, 13–15 March, Shanghai. Postponed indefinitely.
- Second Singapore ECS Symposium on Energy Materials, 1–5 April, Singapore. Postponed indefinitely.
- Materials Beyond, 18–19 June, Shanghai. Postponed until October.
- Gordon Research Conference on Electrochemical Interfaces, 28 June-3 July, Hong Kong. Canceled.
Service, R.F., 2020. ‘The disruption is enormous.’ Coronavirus epidemic snarls science worldwide. Science. doi:10.1126/science.abb3556.
You might also like